WARTIME TREASURE HUNT
Preliminary Information - The Wartime Treasure Hunt will begin Tuesday 10 October and end Monday 13 November. The Treasure hunt is a skill-based competition and chance plays no part in the determination of the winning team.
Eligibility- The treasure hunt is open to any student or member of a school, junior sporting group, or community youth group.
How to enter the Treasure Hunt- Your team must be registered by Friday 6 October. Registrations after this date will not be accepted. To register your team, contact the Cairns RSL Sub Branch admincairnsrslsubbranch.comau or 4051 5254.
How to compete in the Treasure Hunt - During the hunt period, teams compete against one another to find the secret location revealed in the Saturday edition of The Cairns Post. To register an entry, you must:
1. Ensure your team is registered
2. Purchase the Cairns post every Tuesday over the hunt period
3. Go to the site featured in the Inspire section of the Cairns Post
4. Take a photo of yourself and/or an item of your team’s uniform with the memorial plaque
5. Upload the image to our Facebook page with #wartimetreasurehunt #School,cluboryouthgroupname.
Entries must be submitted for each week by the following dates. No entries will be accepted after this point:
· Week One Monday 16 October at 12:00am EST
· Week Two Monday 23 October at 12:00am EST
· Week Three Monday 30 October at 12:00am EST
· Week Four Monday 6 November at 12:00am EST
· Week Five Monday 13 November at 12:00am EST
Submission Requirements -
Scoring and Winner Selection
1. One entry = One point. Each team must have a minimum of one entry per location. The team that submit the most legitimate and accurate entries, as determined by the Sub Branch staff, will win the Grand Prize of $1000 to be presented to the school, club or youth group.
2. The winner will be announced in The Cairns Post and presented with a large cheque.
In line with #VeteransHealthWeek the Cairns RSL Sub Branch in conjunction with HMAS Cairns, 51 FNQR, Defence Community Organisation, Veterans and Veterans Families Counselling Service, Mates4Mates and Far Northern District RSL will be running a morning of fun physical activity and breakfast.
This is a free community event and we encourage everyone to participate, regardless of whether you are a veteran or not. By being involved we are showing our support for those who served our country.
The morning will commence with a mindfulness walk lead by Mayor Bob Manning, CMDR Carl Capper of HMAS Cairns, LT COL Tim Rutherford, and Invictus games competitor Graeme Marshal.
Once at the lagoon you will have the option of participating in one of four workshops:
1. Navy led PT session
2. Army led PT session
3. Stretch session led by Body Language
4. Painting Party (spaces are limited and bookings essential)
Following the workshops, Eat Real Cairns will be serving up a delicious healthy breakfast of bacon and egg wraps or fruit, granola and yoghurt cups. Breakfast is free of charge for all participants.
This event is a great opportunity for networking with likeminded people and connecting with service providers in our community.
For further information contact the Cairns RSL Sub Branch on 4051 5254 or email@example.com
TIMING FOR #VHW2017 #letsgetphysical
6:20 Registrations open
6:50 Briefing on the mornings proceedings
7:00 Walk commences
7:25 Group arrives at Western Event Lawn
7:30 Physical activity workshop briefing
7:35 Commence workshops
8:05 Workshops conclude
8:10 Breakfast and networking
8:40 Announce the winner of the giveaway and participants are invited to visit the information stalls